HOW TO APPLY:
- To fill out the short application form online (preferred) simply click here and the form will be submitted to the PTA automatically.
- If you prefer to download a form to print out on paper (instead of the online form above) click here, and you can leave the form in the PTA mailbox.
- Proposal will be evaluated by a committee
The objective of the grant is to support enhancements to the K-5 curriculum through the Purchase of materials or resources neither covered by ACPS budget nor by a PTA budgeted program. The PTA encourages individual teachers or teams of teachers per grade to present projects or items for their own classrooms.
The PTA has set aside $ 8,500 from its Budget to be assigned among the approved projects.
- Individual Classroom/teacher grant project up to $ 300.00
- Entire grade grant project up to $ 900.00
- Department Project (Reading, Math, Science, etc.) can exceed $ 1,000 but no more than $ 1,200
When to Apply:
Applications can be submitted on a rolling basis and will be reviewed within 4 weeks.
Support to Applicants:
The Grants Team will support application development (meaning, if you would like to meet with a grants team member to ‘interview’ you and help fill out the application, we will do our best to facilitate).
By Grants Committee that will be composed as follows:
- 1 – VP of Fundraising
- 1 – Funding Committee
- 1 – Representative of Staff/Teachers
- 1 – Representative at large
- Compliance with the objective of the grants: Enhance the Curriculum
- Compliance with the PTA bylaws
- The project and grade cannot or will not be funded by ACPS
- The number of students that will receive benefit from this (the more the better)
- The funds are available